<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

What I'm Reading 

I had to let her know that the reason she'd never heard of me was because I was famous
I'd hate for you to think that I read Slashdot interviews (I don't), but I do read what Neal Stephenson writes. This put me in a kind of difficult situation when I saw a Slashdot interview with Neal Stephenson, but ties go to Neal.

Good Bad Attitude
OK, don't think that I read Slashdot... This is really sort of a self-serving essay: us hackers, we're so amazing, and the world just doesn't get us because they're squares. That would turn me off, if it weren't for the fact that I think he's absolutely right about the subversive attitude he's talking about.

In other news, I got an email from Jamie Zawinski today, as part of an email he'd sent out to a bunch of the major Gnome and GTK bigwigs. He was linking to an article he'd just put up on his website, discussing why XScreensaver doesn't use a widely used toolkit. I can't imagine how I got on this list along with Nat Friedman, Miguel de Icaza, Jeff Waugh, Davyd Madeley, and others, but it was definitely a manually-entered list and not some mailing list forward. I know I've never emailed Jamie before, so I thought that was pretty funny.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?